Jr. Midgets

americasteam

Re: Jr. Midgets

Post by americasteam » August 31st, 2017, 9:38 am

Should be an exciting week with several good games. Predictions for this week

Mound Fort @ Farmington - Farmington too strong
Mount Ogden @ Kaysville White - Kaysville White too fast
North Ogden Red @ Layton White - Layton White appears to be better all around
Brigham City Black @ Ridgeline Silver - Ridgeline Silver seems stronger but basing on scores
Plain City Silver @ Roy - Plain City Silver
North Summit @ Sky View Blue - North Summit underdog keeps streak alive
South Ogden @ Wash. Terrace - WT too big
Clinton @ West Haven - Clinton game of the week IMO and they share a border i think which means rivalry
Bear River Red @ Ogden Valley - Bear River Red looks good so far
Sky View Black @ Bear River White - Sky View Black
Morgan @ Clearfield - Clearfield 2nd game of week.
Brigham City Purple @ Green Canyon Green - GCG
Plain City Blue @ Kaysville Brown - Kaysville Brown has an extremely good receiver and all around solid
Mtn. Crest @ Logan - Logan
Layton Silver @ North Ogden Black - North Ogden Black upset special home field advantage
Syracuse Gold @ Highland - Syracuse Gold
Ridgeline Blue @ Green Canyon Silver - GCS
Layton Blue @ Kaysville Gold - Coin toss, both teams look fairly tough will go with the home team Kaysville
West Point @ Syracuse Black - West Point seems very balanced

Game(s) of the week-
Clinton at West Haven
Morgan@Clearfield

americasteam

Post by americasteam » August 31st, 2017, 9:39 am

Which Layton team is the strongest? Again, they all look stronger than last year.

4th_down

Post by 4th_down » August 31st, 2017, 5:06 pm

Silver would be my guess but they all are good teams.

Go4Two

Post by Go4Two » August 31st, 2017, 5:33 pm

I don't know if any of the Layton teams have the same core from last year so I have no idea how to answer that question. Two years ago Layton Bkack was the best of the bunch and last year Layton Silver was the best. I have no idea if the Layton Black team from 2 years ago was the same coaching staff and core kids from last years Layton Silver team or not. As of now it doesn't matter because all 3 are looking tough! That said I think that all 3 have big games this week with major playoff implications.

Layton White vs North Ogden Red.
I don't think NOR is a bad team. If the GV team that beat NOR last week is the one I saw a glimpse of at the Jamboree they have a stud that would give any team trouble. If LW loses this game it could become really difficult to get into the playoffs. They are in a region with KB and PCB. Even with a win against NOR it is gonna be a fight to get outta that region alive. A loss and they are at best hoping for a play in game and most likely out.

Layton Silver vs North Ogden Black
LS only has one game under its belt. Does that give them an advantage because they had 2 weeks to prepare for NOB? NOB has 2 L's but they were to a Farmington team that has been in the mini bowl the last 2 years and the other L was to a Syracuse Gold team who has traditionally been one of the best offensive teams in the league. (In my opinion.) It will be interesting to see. The loser (especially if it's NOB) is going to be hard pressed to come out of that Region in a top 4 spot!

Layton Blue vs. Kaysville Gold
Wow, what a Region. The only reason this one may not have as many playoff implications is because in my opinion this is the most evenly matched Region in this age division and they will all likely be beating up on each other all year. It will not surprise me to see 4 teams out of this region playing in play in games the first week of October for those 2 playoff spots! This could be the game of the week!

If you live in North Ogden or Layton this week could be very telling about your future this year! Good luck everyone!

4th_down

Post by 4th_down » September 2nd, 2017, 11:10 am

Anybody have any scores, the score tool for Jr. Midget is not working. Morgan Vs. Clearfield??

Transistor1974

Post by Transistor1974 » September 2nd, 2017, 11:13 am

WT over SO 26-0

Pooh_Bear_needshoney

Post by Pooh_Bear_needshoney » September 2nd, 2017, 11:48 am

I am coach from Clinton and I just want to tip my cap to West Haven for a good hard fought game. West Haven 12-6. Hopefully we learn from it and become a better team. I appreciate the experience you guys provided our kids and we will be better for it. Again great game.

jrsmith64

Post by jrsmith64 » September 2nd, 2017, 3:07 pm

Clearfield: 14 / Morgan: 6
Good game for both teams.

Coach33

Post by Coach33 » September 2nd, 2017, 3:38 pm

Plain City Blue 32 Kaysville Brown 12