Midgets Mini Bowl

FBFan2

Midgets Mini Bowl

Post by FBFan2 » October 22nd, 2017, 9:58 am

I just wanted to give props to North Ogden!! I know many people say that they wanted or would have liked to see new teams this year in the mini bowl, but you've got to give credit to these boys and coaches!! They are a 5-peat mini bowl team (which according to what I've heard will be a first for any WFFL team so far). Now Before you all start throwing stones at me... I don't have a son that plays in the league anymore... But I continue to follow certain teams in the league. I am not a forum poster, just a reader, but I felt like these boys deserved some shoutout & I just haven't heard or seen much from anyone, about an obviously talented group of boys & coaches who I think deserve to be given some credit for their accomplishments over all the years of playing in the WFFL & continuing to get to the championship game year after year! That's a hard task for any team and it's something that the boys work hard at all year and some make it there and unfortunately some don't. In my opinion, it's neat to see a team that has found a system & program that works and to see it through to the end. I heard that Weber High Schools football team took first in region this year as well and that a lot of the boys on that team played many years of little league together... now whether that has anything to do with it, I'm not sure, but I think the Brotherhood formed over the years has a lot to do with the success of a team. They trust each other, they believe in each other, & they love each other!
So GOOD LUCK NORTH OGDEN... You should all be proud of your accomplishments and your success!!! Enjoy this moment as it passes all too quickly and you never know if it will be your last time walking onto that field!!

just4fun

Re: Midgets Mini Bowl

Post by just4fun » October 23rd, 2017, 9:13 am

I agree FBfan2 it is quit the feat to accomplish congrats to North Ogden. I think everyone has shown them much respect they are the one that everyone is shooting for. I'm sure a 5 peat has never been done and it may never happen again. Congrats is in order. They are clicking on all cylinders they took it to Syracuse and I don't think anyone saw that kind of score coming out of that game. Syracuse had been playing really good defense they had only give up a few scores all year.

As for Ridgeline I think a congrats is in order as well its a new school and organization honestly its not often you see a team from up north make it this far. I wish I knew more about this team. It looks like from the scores of there games that they can put up points and there defense seems to be solid.

Congrats to both teams for making this far should be a fun game to watch.

CoachD

Post by CoachD » October 23rd, 2017, 12:11 pm

FBFan2 wrote:
> I just wanted to give props to North Ogden!! I know many people say that
> they wanted or would have liked to see new teams this year in the mini
> bowl, but you've got to give credit to these boys and coaches!! They are a
> 5-peat mini bowl team (which according to what I've heard will be a first
> for any WFFL team so far). Now Before you all start throwing stones at
> me... I don't have a son that plays in the league anymore... But I continue
> to follow certain teams in the league. I am not a forum poster, just a
> reader, but I felt like these boys deserved some shoutout & I just
> haven't heard or seen much from anyone, about an obviously talented group
> of boys & coaches who I think deserve to be given some credit for their
> accomplishments over all the years of playing in the WFFL & continuing
> to get to the championship game year after year! That's a hard task for
> any team and it's something that the boys work hard at all year and some
> make it there and unfortunately some don't. In my opinion, it's neat to
> see a team that has found a system & program that works and to see it
> through to the end. I heard that Weber High Schools football team took
> first in region this year as well and that a lot of the boys on that team
> played many years of little league together... now whether that has
> anything to do with it, I'm not sure, but I think the Brotherhood formed
> over the years has a lot to do with the success of a team. They trust each
> other, they believe in each other, & they love each other!
> So GOOD LUCK NORTH OGDEN... You should all be proud of your accomplishments
> and your success!!! Enjoy this moment as it passes all too quickly and you
> never know if it will be your last time walking onto that field!!

It is a great accomplishment for sure. I think it may have been done before by a Layton team in the 90's. There's no electronic records to verify this though. They did have a 60-0 sign hanging at the Mini Bowl the year they finally lost. This was before the playoffs were expanded so that would have them making the Mini Bowl every year.

fooseball14

Post by fooseball14 » October 28th, 2017, 7:34 pm

18-14 RL over NO

fbfan13

Post by fbfan13 » October 29th, 2017, 9:27 am

I had a feeling Ridgeline was going to win, they looked really good all game! Very solid up front, very dominant! Ridgeline QB had a great game! Congrats to both teams, and thank you to all the kids and coaches for all their hard work !!

fooseball14

Post by fooseball14 » October 29th, 2017, 10:01 am

Yes frankly the score makes it tighter than it really was. NO had two successful plays in the first half and one was a bomb that the NO qb got drilled on. Ridgeline really dominated the game.

fbfan13

Post by fbfan13 » November 8th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Great job Ridgeline & N Ogden! Great game, great teams!
For what its worth, my end of year top 10

Ridgeline
N Ogden
PC
Syracuse Black
Syracuse Gold
Layton Black
Kaysville Brown
Farmington Black
Sky View Blue
Green Canyon