Jr. Pee Wee Mini Bowl

beamerman32

Jr. Pee Wee Mini Bowl

Post by beamerman32 » October 22nd, 2018, 11:00 am

CONGRATULATIONS to both Clearfield and Morgan Maroon for making it back to the Mini Bowl for the third time in a row. If you didn't get an opportunity to see either of these games, you definitely missed out on some games of the season!! Morgan White is legit!!! Their defense held strong, restricting Clearfield to just 6 first half points. Clearfield made some half time adjustments and came out firing. Morgan White never gave up and fought til the last whistle. Hats off to both these programs. The Kaysville Black and Morgan Maroon game will go down as one of the best. The final regulation drive by Morgan Maroon was amazing!!!! To be down 14-6, keep your head right, put together a dive with no time outs, drive the length of the field to score and then to make the 2 point conversion.....INCREDIBLE!!!! Overtime had just as much drama. Hats off to the coaching staff of Morgan Maroon. On to the Mini-Bowl. Kaysville Black will no doubt be right back in the mix next year. They are truly an elite caliber team.

2018 Mini-Bowl Prediction

CLEARFIELD over MORGAN MAROON in another nail biter.
Last edited by beamerman32 on October 22nd, 2018, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigdieselpower42

Re: Jr. Pee Wee Mini Bowl

Post by bigdieselpower42 » October 22nd, 2018, 11:17 am

I would agree that these were two great games. Clearfield and Morgan White was a battle as Morgan was moving the ball but Clearfield step up a few big times to stop them. Morgan held strong for most of the plays.

Kaysville and Morgan Maroon was a great game like you said. You have to give credit to those boys out there playing and never giving up on both sides of the ball. Double overtime is a long game for 10/11-year-old kids and they both fought hard.

Clearfield vs Morgan Maroon will be a fun game to watch. Looks like Morgan Maroon is fully healthy and Clearfield is, of course, firing just as hot as they started the year off. Good luck to both teams.
Last edited by mark on October 23rd, 2018, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted reference to specific player

wfflfun

Post by wfflfun » October 23rd, 2018, 8:39 am

Great job to all 4 teams last weekend for making it that far. All teams seemed well prepared and the games were both fun to watch for sure! Last post of the year probably so see ya'll folks and have a great offseason!

Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend but for this one...

CLEARFIELD

football111

Post by football111 » October 23rd, 2018, 2:22 pm

I would just like to congratulate Clearfield and Morgan Maroon on making it to the Minibowl. There were 4 really good teams Saturday that played there hearts out and left it all out on the field. I am one of the coaches on the Morgan White team and I couldn't be more proud of our kids. They truly left it all out on the field. As for Clearfield, man that is a great team right there. They have great coaches and great players. Very hard hitting kids.

Kaysville black- This team is right there as well. These guys have a great defense and some seriously talented players as well. They will be back and ready for a push for the title next year I'm sure.

As for Morgan Maroon, they are the real deal!!! We can testify to this because we scrimmage together pretty much every week. That is the reason why both Morgan teams have gotten better. Especially ours by playing one of the best in the league.

Goodluck to both teams. Should be a fun one!!!
Last edited by mark on October 23rd, 2018, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted reference to specific player

wfflfun

Post by wfflfun » October 24th, 2018, 7:56 am

Football111 you guys have a great program over there, great coaches and were very well prepared for that game. First half was a nail bitter and you had Clearfield worried all game with the pass. Wow, you have some really good kids and so does Maroon. I'm amazed at both teams being so good considering the smaller geographic size compared to the kid pool of the other cities.

I think all 4 semi final teams have great coaching staffs and defenses too which will keep you in any game no matter what. Unless Layton, Ridgeline or the other teams stack a team, it's going to be the same in the final 4 probably in the next few years. I think this mini bowl though will be a great game... Both teams show so much heart and are by far the hardest hitting teams in the league. Get your popcorn folks and don't miss it!

beamerman32

Post by beamerman32 » October 27th, 2018, 5:46 pm

Congratulations to Morgan Maroon!!!! You had those boys ready to play today. Congratulations on a fantastic season. Also would like to congratulate Clearfield on an amazing season. See you all next year!!

FootballCrazy

Post by FootballCrazy » October 29th, 2018, 9:33 am

This absolutely was one of the better games of the day, if not the best game of the day. What an absolute slug-fest, two amazing defenses and with Morgan winning on an INT in OT, what a game!!

JetNation53

Post by JetNation53 » November 2nd, 2018, 10:36 pm

Final Score?

FootballCrazy

Post by FootballCrazy » November 5th, 2018, 9:24 am

It was 7-0 for Morgan, they scored a TD in overtime, then intercepted Clearfields overtime possession.